Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good so far

I actually DID start my diet yesterday...you know, when we were supposed to start LEENIE!!! No fair that you cheated and ate BK - or is it not fair that you didn't invite me?
I actually did really good yesterday. I was tempted to grab something quick and easy for lunch, but took the time to make an awesome salad with grilled chicken. I think I've finally realized that you can't eat healthy in a hurry and without planning ahead. I'm not going to be able to go to the grocery store twice a month anymore - this will work for most of the groceries, but I'm going to have to go back weekly for produce and I'm going to have to plan plan plan!

I'm actually pretty proud of myself and off to a good start. I gained 20 pounds with Jack and I had lost it and was back to my pre-pregnancy weight just 6 days after he was born. I've gone on to loose an additional 10 to 15 pounds on top of that. I'm out of all my maternity clothes and in my regular clothes and I'm looking forward to a shopping spree soon when I've lost enough to not have anything else to wear.

So for me, it's not the baby weight, it's the weight before the baby that needs to come off.

I'm excited for Biggest Looser to start - that always motivates me! And the help of all my girls. We just have to remember that there is no food that tastes better than being skinny feels. Does that make sense? Not even a Big Mac or Whopper!

Is anyone doing WW again? Not sure here - we'll see how the month of October goes with regular diet and exercise.

Good luck girlies!

2 comments:

Flabulous-n-Fabulous said...

make sure you all update the "About Me" if you need to.
I had to change my age to the big 3-0
I think everyone else needs to add another year too!
Shawnie

Leenie said...

So far so good for me today. I ate a WW bagel w/ low fat cream cheese w/ onion, tomato and cucumber on it. W/ 2 pickles and a fruit and yog parfait from McDonalds and big DIET COKE. Leenie