Thursday, September 6, 2007

Fish Tacos and Other Goodies

OK, so y'all think I'm nuts for fish tacos. There were YUM. Go to my recipe blog which has that recipe and lots more. Or at least will soon.

So I was talking to Ree Ree last night about how we're eating. What is everyone making for dinner? I read stuff about how to cut calories and fat but we're already doing all of that. I guess portions is the biggest for me. I am a quantity eater. I would rather have 4 cups of plain popcorn than one tiny bite of a brownie. I am also trying really hard to get my fruits. I have no problem with veggies since I make at least 2 with dinner but fruit is hard. I do not like to take the time to prep it and the easy stuff like bananas or apples I don't really like. So what are some snack ideas?

And I am not going to the mall today since my Gymboree coupon didn't arrive in the mail yesterday. I will hopefully go tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My biggest problem is portion size too!! I don't buy junk food and I make pretty decent meals...but I eat enough for two grown men!
Snacking is another issue for me - it HAS to be convenient! I started buying cauliflower, broccoli and carrots at the grocery. As soon as I get home from the grocery and put up the groceries I clean and cut up the veggies. I throw them in a zip lock bag and put on the top shelf of my fridge. I also bought light ranch dressing (which isn't the greatest, but it works). It's super convenient to grab the bag of veggies and sit down and munch on them.
I used to make Brian trail mix that he would take to work and that would be his lunch - quite frankly I'm not satisfied with trail mix for lunch, but it was nice to grab a handful of it as a snack. Ingredients for trail mix: whole wheat chex, almonds and/or walnuts, soynuts, dried cranberries or raisins & anything else you like. The trail mix has lots of nutrition, but if you eat a lot of it then it really should replace a meal, but if you're just looking for a quick snack you can grab a handful of it and it will be fine. I mix it all together and measure it out into baggies ans store in a tupperware container in the pantry.
That's all I can think of for now.

Megan said...

The snack 100 calorie packs are great too!! I like junk food, so the cookies and stuff go great with a nice crystal light!!

Anonymous said...

Can I get an AMEN for Naked Chips??? Love them and you can eat a ton!