Tuesday, September 25, 2007

In-laws and Outlaws

Do you know why I want to lose the weight? To shut up my mother-in-law. (Well, oodles of other reasons too, but right now that is a biggie!) Let me preface by saying, I do love my MIL. I do not have in-law issues like so many have. My in-laws can be annoying but overall are loving and supportive. That being said, when it comes to weight issues my MIL DRIVES. ME. CRAZY. She makes cracks about my eating habits, being too fat for her beloved son, eating out too much (more than once a year is too much) I know I need to lose weight. I do not need my mother in law to remind me of this! The kicker? She is bigger than me! I am the skinniest adult in the family. I also want to do it the old-fashioned way. Eating healthy and exercise. MIL is always trying to talk me and my SIL into Atkins since "So and so lost 500 pounds on it!" Ugh.

OK, rant over.

I lost 2 lbs this week but like the rest of y'all I'm pretty sure I gained it back at Dawn's! :-) I also got AF today so the week during and after is usually my best weeks. Let's hope!

~Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEEP IT UP! I HAVE A REDUCED SUGAR CAKE MIX W/ DIET ORANGE POP IN THE OVEN. I'M GOING TO USE FAT FREE COOL WHIP W/ MANDRIAN ORANGES MIXED IN--WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT.

Megan said...

MMMM.it was tasty!