Monday, September 24, 2007

I'll be honest too!

Okay, so I lost 4 pounds this week, but that was done in the first 4 days - what happened during the other 3? Honestly? I didn't do so great! This no carb this is killing me.
Where did I go wrong on the second half of the week?
~Buffalo Wild Wings - 12 wings, fried and sauce loaded with sugar and carbs!! I tried to make up for it by getting a side salad with fat free ranch instead of the delicious potato wedges dipped in ranch.
~Brownies for church - I signed up to make a treat for the staff at Protsman Elementary School (our church does stuff for the school). I made the brownies in the muffin cups that you stuff with the caramel treasures and then drizzle with chocolate. I ate some of the raw brownie dough :-( I couldn't help myself. It's like it just leaped into my mouth...a couple of times along with the melted chocolate that squirt right in my mouth - I totally screwed up! What in the world was I thinking? It was like I just went crazy for awhile.
~Friday through Sunday I didn't eat as many vegetables either.

Sunday I did better. I stuck to no carbs all day, even for dinner - I didn't eat the flour tortillas with the tacos and I bypassed the chips, dips, crackers and rice. I did help myself to a little dessert, but I only ate 2 bites of each of the 3 desserts.

I promise to get back to it and be strict about it like I did the first 4 days. There's only going to be one problem - I'm going to Indy on Thursday and staying until Sunday. I'm not making my own dinner and I'll be on the run alot - not a good combination. I am also throwing a baby shower for my SIL and there will be lots of yummy things there to eat that will be loaded in carbs. I'm going to try to fill up before hand and hopefully not eat all that junk - we'll see how it all goes down though!

*I joined WW online on June 20th, but I just kind of dabbled in it and didn't do it faithfully, since I joined I have lost 10 pounds total - 4 pounds before we all started our little blog, 2 pounds at the last weigh-in and 4 pounds at today's weigh-in - I'm noticing that my pants are starting to not be so tight - it's nice when you can finally start noticing a difference in clothes and appearance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always forget to type my name at the end so you know who posted it! It's Shawnie!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shawnie, were you raising your right hand at the time of this writing..."I, Shawnie Barnett.." You're doing great...stick to it. It's going to come off, but if it's a horrible experience, you'll go right back to bad habits. Eating fun stuff once in a while won't kill you!