Monday, September 10, 2007

Not Too Bad...

Well, I weighed in this morning and found out I lost 5 pounds over the last week. I was pretty pleased. Of course, I attribute this loss to not eating a row of cookies a day. That's got to easily be a pound of cookies in my stomach every day. So I really should have lost 7 pounds ;)

My first weight watchers recipe is in the crock pot now. It's called Sweet and Sour Flank Steak. It called for all sorts of ingredients I have never used in my life, ie: red wine and balsamic vinegar. I'll let you all know how it turns out. It smells really good. For one and a half cups it is 7 points. I'm going to cut mine in half and serve it over rice. I figure it will be more filling that way.

You'll all be suprised to know that I've been eating a lot of salad the last week. Anyone who knows me knows that salad usually makes me quite ill. Since I made it at home, I've been doing quite well. Fat free ranch dressing is awful!!!! Anyone know of any tastier salad dressing?

Anne

4 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE balsamic vinegar! Let me know how it turns out.

FF dressing depends on the brand. Kraft Free dressings are pretty good. Going FF on things like dressing, dairy products, ect. it's best to go cold turkey and eventually your taste adjusts. I used to hate FF stuff and now regular stuff tastes greasy and heavy to me.

Good weight loss!

Anonymous said...

The salad spritzers are good. I also like balsamic vinegar as salad dressing. Another good light dressing is Neuman's Own Light honey mustard. I can't stomach light or FF Ranch - If I am looking for salad dressing I either go for the real ranch loaded in fat and calories or I have to pick something completely different.
Great job on the weight loss! You're an inspiration for me to do better this week.

Flabulous-n-Fabulous said...

italian dressings can be good...also if you want flavor w/ out the calories add some salad supreme seasoning. its the stuff mom uses in her pasta salad and it acctually goes good on regular salad also you can make your own dressings. find some random sauces in the fridge and spices and blend things to get the taste you like...it works for making marinades as well

~Katie

Anonymous said...

7 lbs! That's awesome. I'm still in the big "zero loser club".. AAHHH Hungry and no pounds lost is the worst!