Friday, September 21, 2007

Should I give up?

This morning I really contemplated giving up the no carb thing...it's literately making me sick! By the time dinner rolls around I don't want to look at another piece of meat or veggies. I really wanted to get up this morning and have a big fat waffle covered in sugary syrup and butter or a bagel with Cream cheese. I have also been craving applesauce...just regular old applesauce, I'll even take the natural kind with no additives - I just want applesauce.
So before risking it all and giving up I hopped on the scale to find out that I have lost 4 pounds in 4 days all because I cut out the carbs. I felt very proud of myself and have continued to stick with it, unless you count licking the knife after applying cream cheese to Olivia's bagel.
I know that the weight loss for the first two weeks of the SBD is pretty big and then it tapers off, but what a huge jump start!
Shawnie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME! I also wanted McDonalds Breakfast--not just a egg mcmuffin but --you know the one--the double big breakfast w/ hotcakes, sausage, eggs, hash browns but I opted for a big 42 oz Diet Coke and yogurt. I did however, have a small bite of Abbee Dee's hotcake. KEEP IT UP! HANG IN THERE!!!!! Call at any hour if you need support. I called Megzee to talk me out of ruining everything.

Anonymous said...

Yay Shawnie!! Good for you. Keep up the good work!!

Megan said...

Whoo hoo!! 4 lbs, that is great! Sometimes it feels as if this is all for nothing, but when we actually see it's working, it is worth it.

Flabulous-n-Fabulous said...

You go! That is great.

Anonymous said...

Four lbs. is incredible!!! What a difference the carbs makes, aye? Keep it going!

Anonymous said...

WOW! you make me wanna try the SBD diet now. I dunno if i could handle it. All i eat is carbs. How do you manage?